Need to Know More about Joint Injury Treatments? Check Out These Links
Though a joint injury can cause considerable pain and inconvenience, orthopedic surgeons can remedy these ailments through a number of treatment options. Dr. Steven Struhl, MD provides a wide range of these orthopedic treatment options, including arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery, for patients living in the greater New York region. To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, please call (888) 451-8890; and click through the helpful resources below:
- The shoulder is one of the largest and most mobile joints in the entire body. Medscape gives an overview of shoulder anatomy.
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery can alleviate many injuries specific to this joint, including rotator cuff and labrum tears. The Mayo Clinic describes the uses and benefits of arthroscopy.
- Rotator cuff tears are extremely common to athletes such as baseball players and swimmers, both whom engage in repetitive and strenuous shoulder motion. EMedicineHealth.com explains the causes of and treatment for this injury.
- Have you suffered a labrum tear? The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons details how a shoulder doctor can diagnose and treat this ailment.
- Frozen shoulder occurs when the articular shoulder capsule swells, which then restricts motion. Medical News Today breaks down the risk factors and symptoms of this condition.